Monday, December 9, 2013

The Heidelberg Project - Revisited
 3600 Heidelberg St  Detroit, MI 48207
http://www.heidelberg.org/
 December 10, 2013




 Obstruction of Justice "OJ" House

I am not here to debate the positives or negatives of the Heidelberg Project, but if you ever wanted to see this work of art, you better plan on seeing it soon.  There are obviously factions in the Detroit area who don't want it around anymore.  The last three photos were taken in May the Sunday morning after the first fire that destroyed the "OJ" House.  

While I was taking photos around the Project that morning, I met a man who was also taking photos.  He asked me where I was from, I said 'Livonia', I sensed that he did not know where Livonia is located, so I asked him where he was from.  He said 'San Francisco'.  As it turns out two co-workers and him flew in the night before to attend a Tech Conference in the Detroit area.  One of his other co-worker suggested that the first thing they should do when arriving in Detroit was to see the Heidelberg.  He was impressed with the Project.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment