Monday, December 30, 2013

Mexican Village
 2600 N Bagley
Detroit, MI
 313-237-0333



In Mexicantown (yes, it is called Mexicantown) area of Detroit, everyone seems to have their favorite restaurant, specifically the three that are located at the corner of 23rd Street and Bagley.  One of my favorite restaurants is Mexican Village.  Like most of the popular Mexican restaurants in Mexicatown, Mexican Village predominantly features Tex-Mex fair.

 Mexican Village claims to be the original Mexican restaurant in southeast Detroit. It is located on the east side of the Fisher Freeway (I-96/I-75) on the eastern edge of Mexicantown and is about 1 mile from the central Mexicantown area..

I have been going to Mexican Village for about 40 years and it was probably one of the first  Mexican restaurants I visited including the old Old Mexico restaurant on Grand River east of Telegraph.  Over the years, I found Mexican Village to be very consistent in their food and service whether it is during dinner on weekends or for lunch during the week.  

I usually order and enjoy the  Enchiladas Suizas, Enchiladas Rancheras, Trio Enchiladas or the Arizonian (Beef Chimichanga, Beef and Cheese Burrito, Flour Beef Taco, Beef and Cheese Enchilada, Rice and Beans).  Yes the Arizonian is a lot of food. :) 

Mexican Village offers a variety of domestic and Mexican beers as well as standard and frozen Margaritas.  They, in my opinion, have outstanding tortilla chips.  When we have an event at our house for family or friends, I will take a run down to Mexican Village and buy a box of their chips for snacks.  The box is $12 and contains 6 bags of tortilla chips.  They also sell their salsa by the pint.    

Mexican Village is located a half block west of the Honey Bee Market (see my previous post).  So grab some Mexican groceries at the Honey Bee and enjoy a meal at the Mexican Village.
 


.  . 



No comments:

Post a Comment