Sunday, January 18, 2015

2nd Anniversary Bullitt In Detroit Blog Post



On January 31, 2013, I started this Blog.  Today, two years later, I have posted a total of 50 write-ups of places to see and restaurants & bars to visit.  I started this Blog (by the urging of a friend) as a means to document locations I have visited and found enjoyable or interesting.  By publishing my write-ups, I wanted to provide a service to others who may be looking for something versus the ordinary, franchise type establishments.

I will continue to post on this Blog in the coming months and hopefully years.  I still have a long list of places I would like to write about, either places I have visited or ones that I need to visit in the future (in Detroit as well as the Western Suburbs and the Ypsilanti/Ann Arbor area).  Early on, I attempted to write a post once every two weeks or so.  For a while, I fell dramatically off of that pace, but recently, over the last month, was able to recover.  Part of the delayed posts are either priorities with my personal time or that I have yet to take a photo of my 2001 Bullitt Mustang in front of the establishment (I only drive this car when the streets are dry and there is no snow).  

If you are a regular visitor to this Blog, you will notice that several of these establishments are near each other.  Also, they, like those located in the Corktown or Eastern Market area are near other places to visit.  

Saying that, one could use this Blog as a means to plan an outing or date.  As an example, my wife, two daughters and I this past Saturday went on the Guardian Building Tour, visited a bar that I will post in the near future, had lunch in the Eastern Market at Supino's and finished the day by visiting the Ford Piquette Avenue Plant museum.  We had a great time visiting some historical sites as well as enjoying Supino's pizza.

As I am an Engineer by trade, grammar and composition do not come easy for me.  I hope I get my general message across in my posts and that you enjoy reading about these great places.  You probably noticed that my posts tend to be in a positive nature.  I will only write about places I have enjoyed.  If a place is not on this Blog, it does not necessarily mean I didn't like it, usually it means I have had not had a chance to do a write up or pay a visit.

Thanks for viewing this Blog and enjoy the Detroit area.

No comments:

Post a Comment