Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Centaur
2233 Park Ave.
Detroit, MI   48201
313-963-4040



The Centaur is a martini bar that is located behind (west of Woodward) the Fox Theater.  It is a short walking distance from, besides the Fox, the Fillmore, Cliff Bell's, Comerica Park and Ford Field.  

Although they have an appetizer menu, I have yet to sample their food.  Their menu looks interesting, especially their bacon wrapped dates.

What has brought my wife and me back to the Centaur are their martinis.  The Centaur offers a varied menu of martinis that changes on a seasonal basis.   One of my favorites is their Detroiter which features besides vanilla vodka and spiced rum, the best ginger ale in the world, Vernor's.  My wife loves their Lemon Meringue and Dirty Girl Scout martinis.  

I recommend Centaur as a place to grab a drink either before or after a concert or sporting event, or just for the sake of sampling their fine martinis.




No comments:

Post a Comment