Sunday, February 24, 2013

 Town Pump Tavern
100 W. Montcalm

Detroit, MI  48201
(313) 961-1929


The Town Pump Tavern is located on Montcalm street one block west of Woodward behind the Fox Theater.   With the ivy covered front facade, the Town Pump is one of the coolest looking bars in downtown Detroit.  The Tavern has a good selection of burgers, sandwiches and their specialty; hand tossed pizza.  They also feature18 beers on tap, which include several Michigan craft beers.  So far I have eaten here just once; I sampled their Hipster pizza and my wife enjoyed the Cowboy Chicken sandwich.  

The Town Pump Tavern is located within walking distance to the Fox, the Fillmore, Comerica Park and Ford Field, so it is a favorite locale prior to or after a concert or sporting event.  We visited on a Saturday evening and it was very packed with Red Wing fans prior to a Joe Louis home game.

Although I have only visited once, I plan on returning for a chance to sample several of their menu items.

Just a note; the immediate area just west and north of the Fox & Comerica Park has several establishments that I will write about in future posts.






No comments:

Post a Comment